CCO Home Page
OQP Home
Entry Form
Submit Log
Ontario Multipliers
County Maps
Who's Going to Be On
Logs Received
Award Categories
Contact Us
Final Results and Certificate Winners
QSO Party Records


Frequently Asked Questions

Can I operate on a county line and give out both counties?

You can only give out one county as your location in an exchange. It is suggested that you stay in one county for a reasonable length of time giving out that multiplier then move to the next county and give out the new mult.

What is the difference between mobile and rover?

You are starting the contest with antennas mounted on a vehicle that can be used in motion. This makes you mobile. Changing loggers, drivers or attending fan club does not change the definition.

You become a rover when you use antennas that are set up and taken down from specific locations. Presumably these antennas are better than the purely mobile antennas, hence the different definition.

Either way you enter the same Mobile/Rover Category in the OQP. They are NOT separate categories.

Can I change category partway through the contest?

If you want to change categories partway through the contest, you must change call signs. There is no provision to vary categories with the same call sign.

Can I change from multi-op to single-op during the contest?

No. Once you operate as a multi-op station then you are multi for the duration.

Is there a 10 minute rule for M/S stations?


If I'm in Ontario may I work stations outside of Ontario for points?

For sure! You get the same multiplier points for another province, state, or DX station as you do for an Ontario station. We would urge you to get on the higher HF bands and work as many of these stations as possible.

Stations outside of Ontario only work Ontario stations for points.

May I operate the contest using a single band?

Yes, but as there is no single band category you would enter as a single operator. You would still be eligible for certificates but would be competing with all band operators.

How was it determined what city becomes a multiplier in the OQP?

These categories are those set by the provincial government. The various categories are Regions, Counties, Single Tier (Cities) and Districts and are shown on this web page.

What Category am I in if I operate an HF station located remotely in one county and a VHF station locally in a different county?

A simple answer would be that you would operate in the Rover category. The county you would use for your exchange would be the county where your transmitting antenna is located. So if your HF station and specifically the antenna was in KAW that would be your county exchange for contacts made by HF even if you are located in a different county. If your VHF station, specifically your VHF antenna was in YRK then that would be your exchange county for VHF contacts.

Can I work CW on VHF/UHF?

Yes. Historically there has been very little CW activity on these bands but if you can find someone to work contacts in CW are worth points just as they are on the HF bands.

How can I submit a text log with a few contacts. I don't have a fancy logging program that can generate a cabrillo file.

Bruce Horn, WA7BNM has added a text to cabrillo converter on his website at: - you can enter your contacts and it will generate a suitable cabrillo file for you to copy and paste into our webform.


® 2009 - 2017 by CCO